Steal the Look! MC Fashion Inspiration: Semi-Casual Outfit for Semi-Formal Event

December 16, 2019
Have you ever had an offer to do a job in a semi-formal event for being an MC, yet you do not have a pair of suit to go with? Or, have you ever thought ‘oh the suit looks too formal for this event’ or ‘this dress is just too casual for a semi-formal event’?

Worry no more! 



Calling out all my fellow MC girls—yes girls because this is based on my personal taste as a girl (or women better said)—who are dealing with confusion on what to wear on a semi-formal event for being an MC. 



This post is going to deliver my taste of style for being an MC in semi-formal seminar. I will show you later on, on the upcoming post, for the outfit to wear for a semi-formal party such as birthday, engagement, or semi-formal wedding reception. But this time, let’s focus on the outfit for semi-formal seminar which I mostly do as an MC. 



There was this time I was also in confusion on what to wear for a semi-formal seminar for becoming an MC, because most of my pairs of suits are already worn in some other events which made me somehow hesitant to wear them again. I was kind of desperate to buy a new pair of outfit to wear for a semi-formal seminar that I was asked to be an MC at. 


‘I needed something new’ said I.


Later on I decided to go to the mall to buy some new clothes for my MC needs. But well, girls, let’s be honest, such suit that are usually worn by MC or News Anchor in the television are incredibly pricey. I am not that rich to even afford a new pair of clothes for my being an MC only for one day. Then, I decided to just go home and see what I could find in my closet. Fortunately, I got an idea to mix and match my clothes that were already in my closet to look formal enough yet not-so formal for this event. I decided to pair my long mustard dress-vest with my Surfer-Girl black T-shirt with accents on the shoulders to make it look more presentable even though it was a T-shirt. I got this idea by seeing some outfits worn by the presenters in the television quiz where the presenter was wearing a dress-shirt with accents on the shoulders which look like my black surfer-girl T-shirt. But of course, T-shirt is too casual for a semi-formal event, isn’t it? This then made me decide to pair it with my dress-vest which added more formal look for my T-shirt. Then, I just pair it with black long leggings to go with the pair of the dress-vest and black Surfer-Girl T-shirt. Who would ever wonder this mixing and matching outfit idea that I made left people complimented my looks that day.  



By this experience, I would like to share my fashion idea, my style which was created during my confusion on what to wear for semi-formal seminar. Do not worry if you do not have a mustard dress-vest in your closet, any dress-vest with collar will do, as long as you pair it with neutral colours such as black or white. 


Never be afraid of mix and matching your outfit that you already have in your closet. You will be surprised on what idea that comes in your mind once you open your closet and be creative.

Outfit
Mustard Dress-Vest: Vintage
Surfer-Girl Black T-shirt: Sophie Paris

Makeup
Lipstick: Y.O.U Make Up
Nail Colour: Just Miss

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.