MC for English Teaching Conference: The Beginning of It All

December 18, 2019
Being an MC in the 5th English Teaching Conference

My journey of becoming in public speaking industry has always been such an interesting part of my life. I have mentioned before in my previous post that I began my journey of becoming in public speaking industry started from a pageantry I ever joined. But above all, most of my experiences and opportunity of being an MC or any thing of a kind are mostly given during my study in the university. I got various job regarding of being an MC, presenter, moderator, and even an announcer from the people in my university, especially my lecturers in English Department. I am really thankful that I am always trusted for being an MC in almost every event that English Department held. Such a blessing for me to be given the responsibility and opportunity to do things that make me even closer to reaching my dream, becoming a well-known professional public speaker.

I still remember the first event I was asked and trusted to be the MC. The event was called English Teaching Conference. An annual event held by English Department State University of Surabaya and best practice committees. I was asked to be the MC in the 2nd English Teaching Conference (the first one was held in a previous year when I was still in senior high school dealing with national exams and university application). Honestly, it was really challenging opportunity for me because first, it was the first time for me to be asked as an MC for international event which used English as the main language, second, it was because I was asked to be the MC all by myself. Just imagine how nervous I was when I was being the MC for international event all alone sometimes gives me chills. But you know what? I accepted the offer because why not? I believe in myself that I can do it and I know my quality. That time, after being trusted of becoming the MC in English Teaching Conference, my self-esteem and confidence boosted. I became a lot more confident that I already was. That time after that I said to myself "Rahel, you are amazing. Now let's never lose any opportunity given and practiced a lot." 

Since then, I have always been trusted to be an MC in English Department big events. Not only had I had done my job as an MC previously really well, but also my performance that made them really like how I do as an MC. For particularly English Teaching Conference, I had been an MC for 3 times in the 2nd, 4th and 5th English Teaching Conference. Various English speaking events were also offered to me which was such a great experience I have ever had. 

Until then, when I was being an MC in the 5th English Teaching Conference, my lecturer, who was the one that always trusts me to be the MC in English Department confessed how it would be saddening to not have me as an MC for the following English Teaching Conference, since my study is reaching to an end in State University of Surabaya. Yeah I will be graduated rather soon between this year and early next year. It somehow made me so sad and also pleased with myself that how I started it was a great way of stepping stone for becoming more than I have achieved now. Because of that too, I was asked to share and teach my knowledge and English public speaking skill to my juniors so that English Teaching Conference will have a new generation for the MC. It came in my mind that this blog is going to be the platform for it, for those who want to read my experiences and learn from it. 

I am really thankful of my journey. I know this is not the end. In fact, many opportunities come day by day and it is going to be such a bless that I never knew I deserve it. 

So yeah, everyone, that was the beginning of it all, being an MC during my study in university. I do always feel grateful every single day for the opportunities related to my future dreams. I will always treasure my experiences and improve myself to be a better professional public speaker every single day. 

"The person who speaks for the passion will be led to speak for the better" - Rahelita Luki

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.